Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

How do you handle Objections


Ok so I just got done meeting with a gentleman who was interested in what I do. We were just minutes into the company's history when he says to me
My Guest:"HOLD UP! You're telling me that this company that has over 5 Billion in Sales and originated in someones garage?"

ME: Yes sir that's correct.

My Guest: And you're only 22 years old?

ME: Yes Sir that's correct

My Guest: There is no way you are going to convince me that your company has been able to have that kind of success when you started in a garage.

Now I was in a little shock at this response because I always thought this gentleman to be a "Business Man" he has done well for himself and his family. So this is how I responded to that remark;

ME: WOW. OK. Let me ask you a question, Have you ever heard of a company called Microsoft or Apple? Both of these companies were started with a wild idea that turned into Multi Billion Dollar businesses and they started in a garage.

MY Guest; Well thats different.

ME: How?

My Guest: Because they now have huge infrastructure and thousands of employees.

ME: And my Business allows me to conduct business anywhere in the world. Literally because I am a Global Company. All I need is an internet connection to manage my business. I personally have hundreds of people in my organization and we all Share Customers and Sales. What will surely confuse you more is that we all get 100% credit for All the Sales in our organization, and I am able to do all of this without any employees. I have partnerships with major retail stores, WalMart, Target, Home Depot, Best Buy to name a few. Do you think that any of these stores would be affiliated with us if we were in any way a risk to their reputation?

My Guest: ....Awkward Silence

ME: Listen, I am not in business to "Convince" anyone. I am always looking to expand distribution of my products and affiliations. 
So lets stop here. If you really want to see what is it I do then we can reschedule. I will email you some information for you to look at so you can decide if it is worth your time.

My Guest: .....more silence.... ummm....ok ..yeah...Let me look at that and I will call you.

Me: Great. Thanks for giving me some time today. I look forward to your call.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is so important that you know what you represent. This was just second nature for me at this point. If you are new always, ALWAYS work with your Senior Partners. If you can't then when you come across a situation like this Do not try and put up a smoke screen. 

Honesty is the ONLY policy. 

If you are asked a question that you do not know the answer to say something like: That's a good question. I am new and I don't know the correct answer but if you allow me to I can get one of my partners on the phone and I can get you that answer. Would that be OK?

No matter what you encounter, no matter what the response, 

DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY

Learn from your experience, take that knowledge and use it. Go talk to someone else. 

It DOES get easier.

The more you do it the more fun you will have doing it. 

Trust me it won't seem like it in the beginning but it is worth the effort. 

Lastly, 

You can not sat the wrong thing to the right person.
and

The more NO'S you get, The more Money you will make. NEVER GIVE UP!




No comments:

Post a Comment